Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The girl who wouldn't blog

The bad news: Our child is nowhere near potty trained. (I know you've been anxiously awaiting that report.)

The good news: Through a random act of kindness, I received The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest, the next book in Stieg Larsson's Millennium trilogy. The one that is not available until May 25th! Wheeeeeeee!


How did I get my hands on this hot little chunk of sweet paperback goodness? Well, an internet friend went to Greece recently, and she was able to buy it there. (It didn't fall off a truck. The books have been available in Europe for awhile.)

Then, knowing how much I loved the first two of the series, this internet friend contacted me to ask if I'd be interested in reading number three. Would I!!! Is a toddler's bladder capable of releasing as much urine as a 6'7" fully-grown adult's? Hellz yeah!!

I keep calling her an internet friend because we have never met in person. Just discussed books. But she took it upon herself to contact me, packed up the book immediately, and paid for shipping it to me. Wasn't that so lovely of her?

Now she has no one to discuss book #3 with because precious few people Stateside have read it. So I feel obligated to help her out by finishing it as quickly as possible. Which means, I can't write anymore because if I'm writing, I'm not reading. You get the drift. And, I'm sure you understand. What kind of random-act-of-kindness recipient would I be if I didn't drop every obligation I have to finish this book?!? Jeesh. I'm just trying to return the favor. Who am I to question Emily Post?! (I'm sure she must have addressed random-act-of-kindness etiquette somewhere.)

If you've read any of Larsson's crime drama series, you know why I'm so hooked.
If you haven't, get thee to the nearest library, bookstore, or online book seller immediately! When you realize they're the best books you've read in a very long time, you can thank me by sending paper towels. As many as you can afford, please.

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

The Girl Who Played with Fire

The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest

No comments: