Monday, April 19, 2010

Mi so hungry


This weekend was about as much fun as having my fingernails yanked out one by one while watching a Two and a Half Men marathon. I'll leave it up to you to determine which activity would inflict more pain.

I suppose Friday night's dinner set the tone for the upcoming un-fun-ness (are my cooking misadventures starting to sound like a broken record?). To be filed under Meals No One Will Ever Be Clamoring For, the mushroom-pecan burgers were not met by an enthusiastic crowd. As it turned out, the molding of the whole concoction wasn't the problem -- it was the unusual combination of flavors. While I enjoyed the uniqueness, Paul was not impressed. And judging by the fact that Eloise ate the bun and nothing else, my guess is she wasn't thrilled with them either.

So now I really need some recipes that call for $22 worth of miso and tamari. Anyone?

If you ate it, it was a filling meal, at least. Our burgers were accompanied by oven fries that we'd all like to have again. Here's how I did them:

4 russet potatoes, cut into wedges
1/4 c. olive oil
2 teaspooons garlic powder
2 teaspoons chili powder
2 teaspoons paprika

Combine all ingredients in a gallon-size Ziploc bag. Shake until potatoes are coated and then spread onto baking pan. Bake at 400F, turning at least once, for 30-45 minutes.


I'd like to tell you about the rest of the weekend, but our potty training progress has about as much stability as one of Charlie Sheen's marriages.

Potty break!

No comments: