It airs on ABC tonight at 9/8c. Especially if you have kids eating school lunches, you should tune in!
Although he strongly encourages families to cook and eat together, Jamie still recognizes that most families today need meals to be quick, inexpensive, and nutritious. So, in that spirit, I thought I'd share a recipe that was a big hit in the SAB house last night. Pair these up with a fresh fruit salad, and you've got yourselves a meal full o' bite-a-mins (as Eloise calls them). Enjoy, and here's to your family's good health!
Vegetarian Tacos with spinach, corn, and goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 14-ounce package extra-firm tofu—drained, patted dry, and crumbled
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 10-ounce package frozen corn (2 cups), thawed
- 1 5-ounce package baby spinach (about 6 loosely packed cups)
- 8 small flour tortillas, warmed
- 3/4 cup crumbled fresh goat cheese (3 ounces)*
- 3/4 cup store-bought refrigerated salsa
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the tofu, chili powder, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Cook, tossing occasionally, until golden brown, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the corn and cook, tossing, until heated through, about 2 minutes. Add the spinach and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper and toss until wilted.
- Fill the tortillas with the tofu mixture, goat cheese, and salsa.
Next time, I plan to add black beans to the mix, too.
Recipe and image from Real Simple, March 2010